2 New Blur Films Coming Soon: To The End / Wembley 2023

A space for anything Blur related

Moderator: TripleJay97

Blurhibee

Re: 2 New Blur Films Coming Soon

Post by Blurhibee »

101reykjavik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 pm That's pretty shitty. No showings in Scotland? I'd be pretty pissed off too.

The title of the doc is pretty ominous, isn't it? :(
Yeah I know, still no hint of a showing in Scotland yet, still unhappy 🥲. Yeah the title is very ominous, I think it’s going to be an emotional watch
101reykjavik
Site Admin

Post by 101reykjavik »

101reykjavik
Site Admin

Post by 101reykjavik »

Film company Altitude has sold the To The End rights to various territories:

• Australia
• New Zealand
• Benelux (later in the year)
• Latin America (autumn)
• Germany
• Austria
• Italy
• Spain
• former Yugoslavia
• Scandinavia & Baltics
• Japan
• South Korea
• Taiwan

Where not stated, dates for release are yet to be decided. Talks are ongoing for North America, France, Poland and airlines.

Good news. :D
101reykjavik
Site Admin

Re: 2 New Blur Films Coming Soon: To The End / Wembley 2023

Post by 101reykjavik »

Who is going to see this tomorrow? Seems to also be on this Saturday and next Wednesday in some places around here.

I'm heading into Bristol for a screening tomorrow night. Can't wait. Hope it won't be a too emotional watch!

And apologies for the Mail link, but a little about the premiere on Tuesday too:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... ondon.html
ricj

Post by ricj »

I'm going to see it on Monday!
thestunt

Post by thestunt »

To anyone that is going.., make sure you wait for the post credits surprise…. A few folk missed a extra 20 mins at the Newcastle screening
101reykjavik
Site Admin

Post by 101reykjavik »

Just back. Here's a few unordered thoughts.

What a fantastic film. Moving (Damon cries), funny, touching, heartfelt and uplifting. So much more than New World Towers and they seem a lot more at peace with one another now. Bickering aside which we see a bit of. They seemed to be in a very good place with each other for the most part. There was one dark part where Alex was talking about the nature of touring and the ease with which one can descend into destructive hedonism, and he says something about it how would be a disaster if Graham starting drinking, even worse if Dave did. It reminds you this sort of stuff is not easy to do, far from it, and you can quite understand people feeling a tour or whatever is just not worth it, bearing in mind the potential downside if something went badly wrong. But, overall, such a wonderful evening with Blur. It's easy to forget the incredible chemistry of Damon and Graham in particular. They are just funny.

Far from it feeling emotional that this is really the end, I left thinking that whatever will be, this is a perfect way to wrap the incredible story up to this point. As Damon said, 'this is the end for now'.

Loved Damon and Graham back at school, along with gratuitous dropped in cut to headmaster looking askance when Damon suggests a nice bowl of weed for the kids in the music room. Bit cheeky from the director there – the poor head probably wasn't even in the room when Damon said that.

Almost darkly comic how, now in middle age (aren't we all?!) the tour takes its toll physically on them all. They are all carrying injuries around with them! Mostly in the knees.

Loved that the Wembley footage at the climax was Saturday (the night I went). Great to see that again on a big screen. I wonder if the Wembley film is a mix of the two nights or do I recall it is the Sunday? I know the audio release is the Sunday mostly.

Overall, I felt so elated watching it. It even ended on an upbeat note with the end credits playing over The Night by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons (as you hear backstage before they are about to go on at Wembley).

The footage at the end was worth staying around for as you get to see a section of the Hammersmith gig on a large screen. They had a notice come up on screen saying to stick around after the credits so plenty did. They showed most of the encore from Hammersmith at the screening I saw – so Pyongyang, Mr Briggs, All Your Life and Theme From An Imaginary Film. But no The Universal.
101reykjavik
Site Admin

Post by 101reykjavik »

Prompted by the reminder at the end of To The End (!) last night, booked my ticket for the Wembley film for 7th September. Making the most of the remaining Blur activity while I can. I imagine that’s the last new thing to look forward to from them for who knows how long.
101reykjavik
Site Admin

Post by 101reykjavik »

Interview with Toby L, director of To The End. Interesting read I thought:

https://inews.co.uk/culture/filming-blu ... -l-3176251