Parklife video filmed 30 years ago today

A space for anything Blur related

Moderator: TripleJay97

101reykjavik
Site Admin

Parklife video filmed 30 years ago today

Post by 101reykjavik »

The Parklife video was filmed in Greenwich 30 years ago today, on August 8 and 9 1994.

Here's a nice little article about the Parklife video locations 30 years on.

https://greenwichwire.co.uk/2024/08/09/ ... -years-on/

Really interesting to see now and then comparisons of what remains of the area around Greenwich, which as you can imagine has changed beyond all recognition for the most part. Thankfully the row of cottages remains. Apparently, we have one person to thank for the preservation of the cottages – historian and former Greenwich councillor Mary Mills got them listed in 1998.
ricj

Re: Parklife video filmed 30 years ago today

Post by ricj »

Interesting but also a little depressing. As an ex London resident of nearly 10 years (starting in 2000), it just about perfectly sums up how much of 'old' London has completely vanished without trace under a high rise sea of soulless polished glass and metal... Whenever I visit and take myself on a little tour of my past, practically everything I knew has gone forever..
101reykjavik
Site Admin

Re: Parklife video filmed 30 years ago today

Post by 101reykjavik »

I have never lived there, so my knowledge of the city is limited but all around by Greenwich with the o2 and everything has changed so much. As you say, what was once a very much low-rise city sprouted skywards.