Anything Imminent?

A space for anything Blur related

Moderator: TripleJay97

freestyle45

Anything Imminent?

Post by freestyle45 »

Disappointed we not seen a live release, probably too late to bother now. I guess what's next is an album from The Waeve?
dougharrison

Re: Anything Imminent?

Post by dougharrison »

freestyle45 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:19 pm Disappointed we not seen a live release, probably too late to bother now. I guess what's next is an album from The Waeve?
Rumour has it there was supposed to be a Netflix doc, but they pulled the plug, they probably have rights to live footage
rob_graves

Post by rob_graves »

Shelved? That's weird. They released the Magic Whip doc and that had even less content than what I imagine the BOD doc would have.
dougharrison

Post by dougharrison »

rob_graves wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:40 pm Shelved? That's weird. They released the Magic Whip doc and that had even less content than what I imagine the BOD doc would have.
Don't think that was Netflix though with TMW. Netflix have built a reputation for starting a lot of projects, not seeing them through, but withholding all of the rights to the material.

I'm assuming if it were up to Blur it would have been released.
TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 »

dougharrison wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:02 amI'm assuming if it were up to Blur it would have been released.
B-Roads 2
101reykjavik
Site Admin

Post by 101reykjavik »

Seems a real shame. BOD is such a triumph. Wembley shows were extraordinary. Those performances deserve their moment in the sun as a release for a wider audience to see (and for us to relive). I live in vague hope of a Wembley one-year anniversary release of some sort.
dougharrison

Post by dougharrison »

TripleJay97 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:09 pm
dougharrison wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:02 amI'm assuming if it were up to Blur it would have been released.
B-Roads 2
It was perhaps unclear from my quoted post, but I actually meant more in terms of concert recordings/footage.

B-Roads is arguably a fair comarisonpoint in terms of withheld documentary, but I would be very surprised if they weren't able to grab enough usable material, or if inter-band relationships were that bad there wasn't much nice stuff to catch.

I would suspect if there's an issue with 2023 documentary footage, it's more likely to be too bland. However, I think it's far far more likely to be the case Netflix pulled the plug for their own reasons, they've been doing it an awful lot, despite laying down a lot of money. They've also done the same with Gorillaz.